Absolutely the best tasting Sweet Tea around! Firefly Sweet Tea Jello Shots!
What is the first thing that comes to mind on a hot summer day? A glass of ice-cold aromatic Sweet Tea. I don’t know who invented it, but I’m sure glad they did. Now you can enjoy that Sweet Tea flavor in Firefly Sweet Tea Jello Shots. The South never tasted so good!
Did you know that before prohibition, sweet Tea was heavily spiked with liquor and called punch? Try this twist on post-prohibition Sweet Tea in the form of a Jello Shot.
Don’t just serve Sweet Tea Jello Shots in the South. These easy and tasty Jello Shots will delight your guests regardless of where you live.
Subscribe to my mailing list and get the unpublished Scatterbrain Peanut Butter Jello Shot recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Ingredients you’ll need to make Firefly Sweet Tea Jello Shots
You’ll need Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka, Limoncello, simple syrup, and gelatin. Of course, tea is essential. I’ve tried this recipe using teabags, steeping the tea, and black tea instant powder. Both are great; the powder is quicker. Find the instant black tea powder here.
Need a great Cocktail Shaker but don’t know which one to buy? Look no further.
Most likely, I’ve been mixing cocktails since before you were born. I’ve had dozens of shakers, some good, some ok, some really bad. But these two shakers are the best! To read more about them click here.
Best Ever Economical Cocktail Shaker
- Great price
- It will hold 3 martinis and ice (24 oz).
- Easy on top and cap. The top slides into the base and has a rubber seal. There is rubber on the neck of the top to hold the cap in place.
- Does not leak.
- Measuring Cap.
- Stainless Steel.
- Dishwasher safe (top rack).
- Easily disassembles.
- Single wall shaker (cold to the touch).
Best Ever Deluxe Cocktail Shaker
- It will hold 3 martinis and ice (20 oz).
- Screw on cap and top.
- Shake with one hand (the lid will not pop off).
- Does not leak. There is a rubber gasket on the cap and top.
- Measuring Cap.
- Double-walled (not cold to the touch).
- Stainless Steel.
- Dishwasher Safe (top rack), but I hand wash mine due to the price.
- The top diameter is 10.5 inches (if you have arthritis in your hands, this may not be for you).
- Don’t over-tighten; it’s not necessary.
Bar and Kitchen tools
To make your Jello Shots, you’ll need Jello Shot cups. I use the squeezable Jello Shot cups and the flat round Jello Shot cups above. Click here to learn the differences between the 2 different styles of Jello Shot cups.
The second most important item is a large mouth mixing bowl with a spout. The largemouth mixing bowl with a spout makes pouring the liquid into the Jello Shot cups easy. I have seen ‘tools’ on Amazon that assist you with filling your Jello Shot cups, but the bowl with the spout works well. Of course, you may have a few drips here and there, but I need more drips to invest in a gadget.
How to make Firefly Sweet Tea Jello Shots
Place 16 Jello Shot cups on a baking sheet.
Gelatin can be tricky to work with when using it in a recipe. Pour the Firefly Vodka, Limoncello, and simple syrup into the spouted mixing bowl, and sprinkle the gelatin on top. The secret is to ‘slowly’ sprinkle the gelatin over the liquid. If you see the gelatin clump up, you spread it too quickly.
Let the gelatin mixture sit for 5 minutes. This is the most prolonged process in this recipe. If you do have some dry patches, don’t worry. These Jello Shots will taste so good nobody will care that some gelatin didn’t dissolve.
In the meantime, bring the water to a boil. Add the tea bags and steep, or use the instant black tea powder. You can get instant tea powder here if you need help finding it.
I use black tea powder; it’s quicker. If using the black tea powder, mix the tea powder with the boiling water, add the hot Tea to the gelatin mixture, and stir for 3 minutes. You can find instant black tea powder here.
If using the tea bags, steep for 3 minutes. Remove the tea bags from the tea and squeeze out as much liquid from the tea bags as possible. Add the hot tea to the gelatin mixture and stir for 3 minutes.
Slowly pour the mixture into your Jello Shot cups and refrigerate for 2 hours before placing the lids on the Jello Shot cups. You can make these Jello Shots 2 days in advance and refrigerate them until ready to serve.
Remember to subscribe to my mailing list below and get the unpublished Scatterbrain Peanut Butter Jello Shot recipe
More Jello Shot recipes
- Coconut Jello Shots
- Peanut Butter Cup Jello Shots
- Hot Chocolate Jello Shots
- Espresso Martini Jello Shots
- Pumpkin RumChata Jello Shots
- Espresso & Cream Jello Shots
- Cranberry Jello Shots
- Scatterbrain Peanut Butter Jello Shots -subscribe to my mailing list to get this unpublished Scatterbrain recipe
Sharing is caring! Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Quick links are to the left and at the bottom of the post.
Firefly Sweet Tea Jello Shots
- 3/4 Cup Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka
- 1/4 Cup Limoncello
- 1/2 Cup Simple Syrup
- 2 Envelopes Knox Gelatine 1 box contains 4 envelopes of gelatin
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Teaspoon Instant Black Tea Powder
- 15 2 ounce Jello Shot Cups
- Place the 2 oz Jello Shot cups on a cookie sheet
- Add Vodka, Limoncello and simple syrup to a large, spouted mixing bowl.
- Slowly sprinkle gelatin on top of the Vodka and Limoncello mixture making sure to sprinkle it evenly across the top of the liquid.
- Let the gelatin absorb the liquid for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the water.
- Add the instant tea powder to the boiling water and stir.
- Add the hot water and tea powder to the Gelatin mixture and stir until the Gelatin is dissolved, at least 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into Jello Shot cups until they are 3/4 full.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before placing the cap on the Jello Shot cups.
- Serve Chilled. Can be made 2 days in advance.