I love Jello Shots, but these Coconut Cream Vodka Jello Shots are Excellent! You’ll wish you had tried them sooner! Nothing is more exciting than a Jello Shot at a party when celebrating a happy occasion.
Jello Shots are not the first thing I think about, but I have to have them when I see them! Jello Shots come in all types of flavors and colors. I make these Coconut Vodka Jello Shots with Coconut Vodka, Cream of Coconut, and sweetened condensed milk, so they are white in color.
Ingredients that you’ll need to make Coconut Vodka Jello Shots
You’ll need a coconut flavored Vodka. I’ve found that Veil & Pinacle Vodkas are a good, ‘flavored’ vodka. I actually use it for my NCAA Jello Shot recipes that come in Chocolate, Gingerbread, Whipped Cream, Caramel, Coconut and many other flavors of Vodka.
In order to make Jello Shots that are not ‘fruit flavored’ you have to use Gelatin instead. Gelatin is not difficult to work with and the amazing thing about Gelatin is that you can make any of your favorite cocktails into a Jello Shot. I just love these Coconut Jello Shots.
Pour the Vodka in a spouted pitcher and sprinkle the Gelatin on the top of the mixture. It will start to thicken, so let sit for 5 minutes. Pour the boiling water into the Gelatin mixture. Stir about 3 minutes until the Gelatin is dissolved. Stir in the cream of coconut and the sweetened condensed milk.
Fill the Jello Shot cups 3/4 full of the Coconut Jello Shot mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours before adding the top.
There are two types of Jello-Shot cups that I like using, the short round 2 oz Jello-Shot cups and the taller squeezable Jello-Shot cups. Both works well, but they each have their best uses. See my Tips & Tricks page to find out why.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
The Coconut Jello Shots can be made 2 days in advance, if covered and kept in the refrigerator.
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.
Coconut Vodka Jello Shots
- 1 1/4 Cup Coconut Flavored Vodka I used Veil Coconut Vodka
- 2 Envelopes gelatin There are 4 envelopes in 1 box of Knox Gelatine
- 1 Cup Boiling water
- 1/2 Cup Cream of Coconut I used Goya
- 1/4 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Place 16 – 2 oz Jello-Shot cups on a cookie sheet
- Shake the can of cream of coconut before opening. Then pour the contents of the can into a bowl and whisk until it is combined well. Set aside
- Pour the Coconut Vodka into a large spouted mixing bowl
- Slowly sprinkle gelatin on top of the Vodka making sure to sprinkle it evenly across the top of the liquid
- Let the gelatin absorb the liquid for 5 minutes
- In the meantime boil the water
- Pour 1 cup of the boiling water into the Gelatin mixture
- Stir until the Gelatin is dissolved, at least 3 minutes
- Now add the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk and stir well until it is combined
- Carefully pour the Jello-Shot mixture into the Jello-Shot cups
- Refrigerating at least 2 hours before placing the cap on the Jello-Shot cup
- Serve Chilled. Can be made 2 days in advance