Nothing is more exciting than a Jello Shot at a party when celebrating a happy occasion. I love Jello Shots, but you’ll go nuts for the creamy, sweet, tropical island flavor of these Coconut Jello shots! You’ll wish you had tried them sooner!
Jello Shots are not the first thing I think about; but I have to have them when I see them. Jello Shots come in all types of flavors and colors. I make these Coconut Vodka Jello Shots with Coconut Vodka, Cream of Coconut, and sweetened condensed milk.
Do you want to know the secrets for mixing the best cocktails EVER? Get my free printable guide, ‘Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!’ just for joining my mailing list.
Ingredients that you’ll need to make Coconut Jello Shots
- Coconut Vodka
- Cream of Coconut
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
I’ve found that Veil & Pinnacle Vodkas are a good, ‘flavored’ vodkas.
In order to make Jello Shots that are not ‘fruit flavored’ you have to use Gelatin instead. Gelatin is not difficult to work with and the amazing thing about Gelatin is that you can make any of your favorite cocktails into a Jello Shot. I just love these Coconut Jello Shots.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
To make your Jello Shots, you’ll need Jello Shot cups. Click here to learn the differences between the 3 different styles of Jello Shot cups. I use the squeezable Jello Shot cups, the flat round Jello Shot cups above, and the square Jello Shot cups.
Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow! This free printable guide is my gift to you; all you have to do is subscribe to my mailing list.
I promise to keep your email safe.
How to make Coconut Jello Shots
Place 18 Jello Shot cups on a baking sheet.
Gelatin can be tricky to work with the first time you use it in a recipe. Pour the Coconut Vodka into the spouted mixing bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. The secret is to ‘slowly’ sprinkle the gelatin on top of the liquid. If you see the gelatin clump up, you spread it too quickly.
Let the gelatin mixture sit for 5 minutes. If you do have some dry patches, don’t worry. These Jello Shots will taste so good nobody will care that some gelatin didn’t dissolve.
In the meantime, bring the water to a boil. Pour the water into the gelatin mixture and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in the cream of coconut and the sweetened condensed milk.
Fill the Jello Shot cups 3/4 full of the Coconut Jello Shot mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours before adding the top.
The Coconut Jello Shots can be made 2 days in advance, if covered and kept in the refrigerator.
Remember to subscribe to my mailing list below and get Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!
More Amazing Jello Shot Recipes!
- Peanut Butter Cup Jello Shots
- Hot Chocolate Jello Shots
- Espresso Martini Jello Shots
- Pumpkin RumChata Jello Shots
- Espresso & Cream Jello Shots
- Sweet Tea Jello Shots
Coconut Vodka Jello Shots
- 1 1/4 Cup Coconut Flavored Vodka
- 2 Envelopes gelatin There are 4 envelopes in 1 box of Knox Gelatine
- 1 1/4 Cup Boiling water
- 1/2 Cup Cream of Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Place 18 – 2 oz Jello-Shot cups on a cookie sheet
- Pour the Cream of Coconut contents into a small bowl and whisk until it is combined well. Set aside.
- Pour the Coconut Vodka into a large spouted mixing bowl.
- Slowly sprinkle gelatin on top of the Vodka making sure to sprinkle it evenly across the top of the liquid.
- Let the gelatin absorb the liquid for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the water.
- Pour the boiling water into the Gelatin mixture and stir until the Gelatine is dissolved, at least 3 minutes.
- Now add the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk and stir well until it is combined.
- Carefully pour the Jello-Shot mixture into the Jello-Shot cups.
- Refrigerating at least 2 hours before placing the cap on the Jello-Shot cup.
- Serve Chilled. Can be made 2 days in advance and kept in the refrigerator.