You’ll go nuts for the creamy, sweet, tropical island flavor of these Coconut Jello shots
Nothing is more exciting than a Jello Shot at a party when celebrating a happy occasion. I love Jello Shots, but you’ll go nuts for the creamy, sweet, tropical island flavor of these Coconut Jello shots! You’ll wish you had tried them sooner!
Jello Shots are not the first thing I think about, but I have to have them when I see them! Jello Shots come in all types of flavors and colors. I make these Coconut Vodka Jello Shots with Coconut Vodka, Cream of Coconut, and sweetened condensed milk, so they are white.
Subscribe to my mailing list and get the unpublished Scatterbrain Peanut Butter Jello Shot recipe
Ingredients that you’ll need to make Coconut Jello Shots
You’ll need a coconut flavored Vodka. I’ve found that Veil & Pinnacle Vodkas are a good, ‘flavored’ vodka. Remember the gelatin, cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
In order to make Jello Shots that are not ‘fruit flavored’ you have to use Gelatin instead. Gelatin is not difficult to work with and the amazing thing about Gelatin is that you can make any of your favorite cocktails into a Jello Shot. I just love these Coconut Jello Shots.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
To make your Jello Shots, you’ll need Jello Shot cups. Click here to learn the difference between the 2 most popular styles available. I use the squeezable Jello Shot cups and the flat round Jello Shot cups above.
How to make Coconut Jello Shots
Place 16 Jello Shot cups on a baking sheet.
Gelatin can be tricky to work with the first time you use it in a recipe. Pour the Coconut Vodka into the spouted mixing bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. The secret is to ‘slowly’ sprinkle the gelatin on top of the liquid. If you see the gelatin clump up, you spread it too quickly.
Let the gelatin mixture sit for 5 minutes. This seems like the most prolonged process in this recipe. If you do have some dry patches, don’t worry. These Jello Shots will taste so good nobody will care that some gelatin didn’t dissolve.
In the meantime, bring the water to a boil. Pour the water into the gelatin mixture and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in the cream of coconut and the sweetened condensed milk.
Fill the Jello Shot cups 3/4 full of the Coconut Jello Shot mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours before adding the top.
The Coconut Jello Shots can be made 2 days in advance, if covered and kept in the refrigerator.
Remember to subscribe to my mailing list and get the unpublished Scatterbrain Peanut Butter Jello Shot recipe
More Jello Shot Recipes!
- Peanut Butter Cup Jello Shots
- Hot Chocolate Jello Shots
- Espresso Martini Jello Shots
- Pumpkin RumChata Jello Shots
- Espresso & Cream Jello Shots
- Scatterbrain Peanut Butter Jello Shots -subscribe to my mailing list to get this unpublished recipe
Sharing is caring! Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest! Quick links are to the left and at the bottom of the post.
Coconut Vodka Jello Shots
- 1 1/4 Cup Coconut Flavored Vodka I used Veil Coconut Vodka
- 2 Envelopes gelatin There are 4 envelopes in 1 box of Knox Gelatine
- 1 Cup Boiling water
- 1/2 Cup Cream of Coconut I used Goya
- 1/4 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Place 16 – 2 oz Jello-Shot cups on a cookie sheet
- Shake the can of cream of coconut before opening. Then pour the contents of the can into a bowl and whisk until it is combined well. Set aside
- Pour the Coconut Vodka into a large spouted mixing bowl
- Slowly sprinkle gelatin on top of the Vodka making sure to sprinkle it evenly across the top of the liquid
- Let the gelatin absorb the liquid for 5 minutes
- In the meantime boil the water
- Pour 1 cup of the boiling water into the Gelatin mixture
- Stir until the Gelatin is dissolved, at least 3 minutes
- Now add the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk and stir well until it is combined
- Carefully pour the Jello-Shot mixture into the Jello-Shot cups
- Refrigerating at least 2 hours before placing the cap on the Jello-Shot cup
- Serve Chilled. Can be made 2 days in advance