Hot Chocolate Jello Shots from Easy Drinks and Apps
Do you like hot chocolate and marshmallows? Does it remind you of when you were a child? Well, these Jello Shots are not for children :o)
To make the Hot Chocolate Jello Shots pour the Vodka and Godiva into a spouted mixing bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on the top. Gelatin can be a little tricky to work with the first time you use it in a recipe. The secret is to ‘slowly’ sprinkle the gelatin on top of the liquid. If you see that it is clumping up, then you are sprinkling it too quickly. This is the longest process in this entire recipe. If you do have some dry patches, don’t worry.
Let the gelatin mixture sit for 5 minutes. In the meantime, make sure your water is boiling. Add the boiling water and instant hot chocolate to the gelatin mixture and stir for 3 minutes.
Pour the Hot Chocolate mix into the Jello Shot cups until they are 3/4 full. Refrigerate 15 minutes and then place 3 mini marshmallows on the top of each Jello Shot cup. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before placing the cap on the Jello Shot cup. These Hot Chocolate Jell Shots can be made 2 days in advance and kept refrigerated.
There are two types of Jello-Shot cups that I like using, the short round 2 oz Jello-Shot cups and the taller squeezable Jello-Shot cups.
Both work well, but they each have their best uses. See my Tips & Tricks page to find out why.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
If you liked these Jello Shots, then check out my other Jello Shot recipes!
If you enjoyed this post then share it with a friend. Quick links are to the left and at the bottom of the post. Sharing is caring! Thanks!
Hot Chocolate Vodka & Godiva Jello Shots
- 1/2 Cup Whipped Cream Vodka
- 1/2 Cup Godiva Chocolate Liquor
- 2 Envelopes Gelatin
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 2 Envelopes instant Hot Chocolate mix
- Mini Marshmallows
- Place 14 – 2 oz Jello Shot cups on a cookie sheet
- Add Vodka and Godiva to a large spouted mixing bowl and stir
- Slowly sprinkle gelatin on top of the mixture making sure to sprinkle it evenly across the top of the liquid
- Let the gelatin absorb the liquid for 5 minutes
- In the meantime boil the water
- Add the boiling water and stir
- Add hot chocolate package and mix well
- Stir until the gelatin and hot chocolate is dissolved, at least 3 minutes
- Pour mixture into Jello Shot cups until they are 3/4 full
- Refrigerate 15 minutes and then place 3 mini marshmallows on the top of each Jello Shot cup
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before placing the cap on the Jello Shot cups
- These can be made 2 days in advance and kept refrigerated
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.