Appreciate the kick of caffeine, enjoy the taste of espresso? Love the warmth of vodka? If you’re looking for a kick start to your evening, try these Espresso Martini Jello Shots. They are perfect for parties, and your guests will love them.
These were the rage at my last party. More and more people are trying Jello Shots because they are fun and come in many flavors. Imagine espresso, Kahlua, and vodka. Put them together and watch the crowd get excited.
Ingredients you’ll need to make these awesome Espresso Martini Jello Shot
First you’ll need vanilla vodka, coffee liqueur, espresso powder, gelatin, and simple syrup. For this recipe, I used Stoli Vanil and Kahlua Coffee Liqueur.
These incredible Jello Shots don’t use any Jello but are made with gelatin. And because you are not using Jello, you get to pick the flavor! These Jello Shots will taste like an Espresso Martini.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Bar & Kitchen Tools
I like using two types of Jello-Shot cups: the short round 2 oz Jello-Shot cups and the taller squeezable Jello-Shot cups. Both work well, but they each have their best uses. See my Tips & Tricks page to find out why.
The second most important item is a large mouth mixing bowl with a spout. The largemouth mixing bowl with a spout makes it easy to pour the liquid into the Jello Shot cups. I have seen ‘tools’ on Amazon that assist you with filling your Jello Shot cups, but the bowl with the spout works well. Of course, you may have a few drips here and there, but not enough for me to invest in a gadget.
How to make Espresso Martini Jello Shots
Place 15 Jello Shot cups on a baking sheet. To make the Espresso Martini Jello Shots pour the Vodka, Kahlua, coffee, and simple syrup into a spouted mixing bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on the top.
Gelatin can be tricky to work with the first time you use it in a recipe. The secret is to ‘slowly’ sprinkle the gelatin on top of the liquid. If you see it clumping up, you are spreading it too quickly.
Let the gelatin mixture sit for 5 minutes. This seems like the longest process in this recipe. If you do have some dry patches, don’t worry. These Jello Shots will taste so good nobody will care that some gelatin didn’t dissolve.
In the meantime, boil your water. Add the boiling water to the gelatin mixture and stir for 3 minutes.
Pour the Espresso Martini mix into the Jello Shot cups until they are 3/4 full. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before placing the cap on the Jello Shot cups. Serve Chilled. Can be made 2 days in advance.
If you enjoyed these Jello Shots, check out my other Jello Shot recipes!
Espresso Martini Jello Shots (Vodka & Kahlua)
- 2 Envelopes Bustello instant espresso powder
- 3/4 Cup Vanilla Vodka
- 3/4 Cup Kahlua
- 3 Tablespoons Simple Syrup
- 2 Envelopes Knox Gelatine 1 box contains 4 envelopes of gelatin
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 15 2 ounce Jello Shot Cups
- Place the 2 oz Jello Shot cups on a cookie sheet
- Empty contents of Bustello into a large spouted mixing bowl
- Add vodka, Kahlua and simple syrup and mix well
- Slowly sprinkle gelatin on top of the Vodka and Kahlua mixture making sure to sprinkle it evenly across the top of the liquid
- Let the gelatin absorb the liquid for 5 minutes
- In the meantime boil the water
- Add the boiling water to the Gelatin mixture and stir until the Gelatin is dissolved, at least 3 minutes
- Pour mixture into Jello Shot cups until they are 3/4 full
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before placing the cap on the Jello Shot cup
- Serve Chilled. Can be made 2 days in advance
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.