Espresso Martini Jello Shots
If you’re looking for a kick start to your evening, try these Espresso Martini Jello Shots made with Vodka & Kahlua.
To make the Espresso Martini Jello Shots pour the Vodka, Kahlua, coffee and simple syrup into a spouted mixing bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on the top. Gelatin can be a little tricky to work with the first time you use it in a recipe. The secret is to ‘slowly’ sprinkle the gelatin on top of the liquid. If you see that it is clumping up, then you are sprinkling it too quickly. This is the longest process in this entire recipe. If you do have some dry patches, don’t worry.
Let the gelatin mixture sit for 5 minutes. In the meantime, make sure your water is boiling. Add the boiling water to the gelatin mixture and stir for 3 minutes.
Pour the Espresso Martini mix into the Jello Shot cups until they are 3/4 full. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before placing the cap on the Jello Shot cups. Serve Chilled. Can be made 2 days in advance.
There are two types of Jello-Shot cups that I like using, the short round 2 oz Jello-Shot cups and the taller squeezable Jello-Shot cups.
Both work well, but they each have their best uses. See my Tips & Tricks page to find out why.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
If you enjoyed these Jello Shots, check out my other Jello Shot recipes!
Espresso Martini Jello Shots (Vodka & Kahlua)
- 2 Envelopes Bustello instant espresso
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Vodka I like using Absolut or Stoli Vanilla Vodka
- 1/2 Cup Kahlua
- 2 Tablespoons Simple Syrup
- 2 Envelopes Gelatin
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 14 2 ounce Jello Shot Cups
- Place the 2 oz Jello Shot cups on a cookie sheet
- Empty contents of Bustello into a large spouted mixing bowl
- Add vodka, Kahlua and simple syrup and mix well
- Slowly sprinkle gelatin on top of the Vodka and Kahlua mixture making sure to sprinkle it evenly across the top of the liquid
- Let the gelatin absorb the liquid for 5 minutes
- In the meantime boil the water
- Add the boiling water to the Gelatin mixture and stir until the Gelatin is dissolved, at least 3 minutes
- Pour mixture into Jello Shot cups until they are almost full
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before placing the cap on the Jello Shot cup
- Serve Chilled. Can be made 2 days in advance
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.