Mistletoe kisses and candy cane wishes make for a joyous holiday season. These Peppermint Jello Shots will chill you like the winds from the North Pole but have a kick that will make you feel like Blitzen after Santa’s Christmas party.
Easy to make, fun to eat, and the perfect complement to any holiday party. And best of all, these Peppermint Jello Shots look so festive.
Do you want to know the secrets for mixing the best cocktails EVER? Get my free printable guide, ‘Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!’ just for joining my mailing list.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Ingredients you’ll need to make Peppermint Jello Shots
- Whipped Cream Vodka
- RumChata Peppermint Bark
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
Veil & Pinnacle Vodkas are good, ‘flavored’ Vodkas.
These incredible Jello Shots don’t use any Jello but are made with gelatin. Gelatin gives them a solid color and a bit thicker consistency.
If you need a great cocktail shaker, check out this one!
Bar and Kitchen tools
To make your Jello Shots, you’ll need Jello Shot cups. I use the squeezable Jello Shot cups and the flat round Jello Shot cups above. Click here to learn the differences between the 2 different styles of Jello Shot cups.
The second most important item is a large mouth mixing bowl with a spout. The largemouth mixing bowl with a spout makes it easy to pour the liquid into the Jello Shot cups. I have seen ‘tools’ on Amazon that assist you with filling your Jello Shot cups, but the bowl with the spout works well. Of course, you may have a few drips here and there, but I need more to invest in a gadget.
How to make Peppermint Jello Shots
Place 16 Jello Shot cups on a baking sheet.
Gelatin can be tricky to work with the first time you use it in a recipe. Pour the Whipped Cream Vodka and Peppermint Bark RumChata into the spouted mixing bowl, and sprinkle the gelatin on top. The secret is to ‘slowly’ sprinkle the gelatin on top of the liquid. If you see the gelatin clump up, you spread it too quickly.
Let the gelatin mixture sit for 5 minutes. This seems like the most prolonged process in this recipe. If you do have some dry patches, don’t worry. These Jello Shots will taste so good nobody will care that some gelatin didn’t dissolve.
In the meantime, bring the water to a boil. Add the boiling water to the gelatin mixture and stir for 3 minutes. Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir until combined well. Slowly pour the mixture into your Jello Shot cups and refrigerate for 2 hours before placing the lids on the Jello Shot cups.
You can make these Jello Shots 2 days in advance and refrigerate them until ready to serve. Add mini candy canes to the top just before serving, optional.
More Jello Shot recipes
- Coconut Jello Shots
- Peanut Butter Cup Jello Shots
- Hot Chocolate Jello Shots
- Espresso Martini Jello Shots
- Pumpkin RumChata Jello Shots
- Espresso & Cream Jello Shots
- Cranberry Jello Shots
- Sweet Tea Jello Shots
Remember to subscribe to my mailing list below and get Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!
Peppermint Jello Shots
- 3/4 Cup Whipped Cream Vodka
- 3/4 Cup Peppermint Bark RumChata
- 2 Envelopes gelatin There are 4 envelopes in 1 box of Knox Gelatine
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Mini candy canes for garnish Optional
- Place 16 – 2 oz Jello-Shot cups on a cookie sheet
- Pour the Whipped Cream Vodka and RumChata into a large spouted mixing bowl
- Slowly sprinkle gelatin on top of the Vodka mixture making sure to sprinkle it evenly across the top of the liquid
- Let the gelatin absorb the liquid for 5 minutes
- In the meantime, boil the water
- Pour the boiling water into the gelatin mixture
- Stir until the gelatin is dissolved, at least 3 minutes
- Now add the sweetened condensed milk and stir well until it is combined
- Carefully pour the Jello Shot mixture into the Jello Shot cups
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before placing the cap on the Jello Shot cups
- Serve Chilled. Can be made 2 days in advance
- Add the mini candy canes just before serving, optional