While checking out the British Virgin Islands my ‘home base’ was the Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina. It was a charming place, with 52 guest accommodations; 10 luxury villas; and a 55 slip marina.
I headed up to the pool bar one late morning and I introduced myself to Stacy. I wanted to try a few of the house specialties so I ordered a number of drinks like the Scrubslide, Basil Shores and Scrub Island Spiced Tea. This tropical cocktail is called the Scrubslide.
To make this tropical cocktail, add the Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Absolut, Kahlua, Amaretto and cream of coconut with ice to a blender. Blend until creamy and pour into a tall glass. Add a straw, some nutmeg and a cherry!
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Ingredients you’ll need to make a Scrubslide
If you enjoyed this post then share it with a friend. Quick links are to the left and at the bottom of the post. Sharing is caring! Thanks!
- 2 Ounces Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 2 Ounces Kahlua
- 2 Ounces Amaretto I prefer Disaronno
- 2 Ounces Vodka For mixed drinks I usually use Absolut, Stoli or Finlandia
- 2 Ounces Cream of Coconut Goya in the international section of your grocery store
- 1 Cup Ice
- Chocolate Syrup, Whipped Cream & Cherry For garnish
- Add Captain Morgan, Kahlua, Amaretto, Vodka, Cream of Coconut and ice in a blender
- Blend for 30 seconds
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup into a tall glass
- Pour the ingredients from the blender into the glass
- Add whipped cream and a cherry on top
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.