Craving something exotic and sweet? This fantastic creamy cocktail from the Caribbean is delicious with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. You can’t go wrong with the Scrubslide.
One sip and your imagination will take you away to the island of your dreams. Picture yourself in a lounge chair near the pool, with the breeze blowing through your hair and the sun’s warmth on your body. Delectable!
While checking out the British Virgin Islands, I stayed at the Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina. The charming resort had 52 guest accommodations, 10 luxury villas, and a 55-slip marina.
I headed to the pool bar late one morning and introduced myself to the bartender, Stacy. I wanted to try a few house specialties, so I ordered several drinks: the Scrubslide, Basil Shores, and Scrub Island Spiced Tea. The Scrubslide tastes like a milkshake but has a potent punch.
Do you want to know the secrets for mixing the best cocktails EVER? Get my free printable guide, ‘Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!’ just for joining my mailing list.
Ingredients you’ll need to make a Scrubslide
- Absolut Vodka
- Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- Kahula Coffee Liqueur
- Amaretto Disaronno
- Cream of Coconut
Absolut is a good, mid-priced Vodka, but Tito’s and Ketel One are also popular.
I always buy Kahlua for the coffee-flavored liqueur when the coffee liqueur is the ‘feature’ of the drink, but when mixing with three other liquors, you can purchase a less expensive coffee liqueur. I feel the same for the Amaretto Disaronno.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Here is an awesome product to help YOU make the most incredible drinks. Impress your family and friends and be the BEST Cocktail Barista in your neighborhood.
I’ve had dozens of shakers, some good, some ok, some really bad. But these two shakers are the best! To read more about them click here.
Best Ever Economical Cocktail Shaker
- Great price
- It will hold 3 martinis and ice (24 oz).
- Easy on top and cap. The top slides into the base and has a rubber seal. There is rubber on the neck of the top to hold the cap in place.
- Does not leak.
- Measuring Cap from 1/2 to 1.5 ounces.
- Stainless Steel.
- Dishwasher safe (top rack).
- Easily disassembles.
- Single wall shaker (cold to the touch).
Deluxe Cocktail Shaker
- It will hold 3 martinis and ice (20 oz).
- Screw on cap and top.
- Shake with one hand (the lid will not pop off).
- Does not leak. There is a rubber gasket on the cap and top.
- Measuring Cap from 1/2 to 6 ounces.
- Double-walled (not cold to the touch).
- Stainless Steel.
- Dishwasher Safe (top rack), but I hand wash mine due to the price.
- The top diameter is 10.5 inches (if you have arthritis in your hands, this may not be for you).
- Don’t over-tighten; it’s not necessary.
Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow! This free printable guide is waiting for you; all you have to do is subscribe to my mailing list.
How to make the Scrubslide
To make this tropical cocktail:
- Add the Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Absolut, Kahlua, Amaretto, and cream of coconut with ice to a blender.
- Blend until creamy and pour into a tall glass.
- Add a straw, sprinkle some nutmeg, and a cherry on top.
Remember to subscribe to my mailing list below and get Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!
- 2 Ounces Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 2 Ounces Kahlua
- 2 Ounces Amaretto I prefer Disaronno
- 2 Ounces Vodka For mixed drinks I usually use Absolut, Stoli or Finlandia
- 2 Ounces Cream of Coconut Goya in the international section of your grocery store
- 1 Cup Ice
- Chocolate Syrup, Whipped Cream & Cherry For garnish
- Add Captain Morgan, Kahlua, Amaretto, Vodka, Cream of Coconut and ice in a blender
- Blend for 30 seconds
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup into a tall glass
- Pour the ingredients from the blender into the glass
- Add whipped cream and a cherry on top
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.