Having a party and need a quick delicious appetizer? This easy hot sausage dip has only 3 ingredients, which is yummy and perfect for game day festivities.
You can even mix it up and bake it in the same pan. No need for multiple dirty dishes.
Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow! This free guide is my gift to you for subscribing to my mailing list.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Ingredients you’ll need to make Hot Sausage Dip
This easy Hot Sausage Dip appetizer is only 3 Ingredients, and you can set your own ‘heat’ level. I purchased the Jimmy Dean regular sausage and Mild Rotel for my Valentine’s Day Party. But for my Superbowl Party, I went with the Hot Jimmy Dean sausage and Original Rotel. Or go crazy and use the Hot Rotel.
How to make Hot Sausage Dip
Take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator about an hour before use.
Cut the Jimmy Dean sausage into slices. While cooking over medium heat, break up the sausage into crumbles. Cook the sausage until there is no pink sausage remaining. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
If you need a great cocktail shaker, check out this one!
If you want to use one dish, use a serving dish that is oven safe. Add the cream cheese and Rotel.
Use a slotted spoon to add the sausage to the cream cheese and Rotel. This will remove the excess sausage grease.
Stir until combined well.
Bake for approximately 20 minutes. If making this appetizer in a microwave-safe bowl, you can also microwave the Hot Sausage Dip, stirring every 45 seconds, until hot.
Remember to subscribe to my mailing list below and get Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!
Easy 3-Ingredient Hot Sausage and Cheese Dip
- 1 Can Rotel Tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 Pound Sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 8 Ounces Cream cheese softened
- Tostidos or french bread rounds
- Take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator about an hour before recipe preparation.
- Cook the sausage in a frying pan, breaking it up to smaller pieces while it's cooking, until brown (no red meat). Approximately 10 minutes.
- Mix together the sausage, Rotel and cream cheese in an oven proof baking dish
- Heat in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes
- Serve warm with Tostidos or french bread rounds
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.