Halloween Party? These ghoulish Creepy Coconut Jello Shots are to die for!
Black cats and witches brew, this Halloween party recipe is just for you! Planning a Halloween party and don’t know what to serve? Stress no more; these Creepy Coconut Jello Shots look freaky, can be made in advance, and will most definitely mesmerize your guests!
Scare your Goblins with these Creepy Coconut Jello Shots
I have another recipe for Coconut Jello Shots just using coconut vodka. But I wanted the Jello Shots to taste authentically like coconut. I found that adding cream of coconut left a thin crust. Imagine how weird that would look in black for Halloween. CREEPY.
Witches brew ingredients you’ll need to make these awesome Creepy Coconut Jello Shots
First, you’ll need Coconut vodka. For flavored vodkas, I like both Veil and Pinnacle; they are both reasonably priced. Don’t forget the gelatin, sweetened condensed milk, cream of coconut, and gel food coloring in black.
These incredible colored Jello Shots don’t use any Jello but are made with gelatin. Gelatin gives them a solid color and a bit thicker consistency.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Bar & Kitchen Tools
To make your Jello Shots, you’ll need Jello Shot cups. I use the squeezable Jello Shot cups and the flat round Jello Shot cups above. Click here to learn the differences between the 2 different styles of Jello Shot cups.
The second most important item is a large mouth mixing bowl with a spout. The largemouth mixing bowl with a spout makes it easy to pour the liquid into the Jello Shot cups. I have seen ‘tools’ on Amazon that assist you with filling your Jello Shot cups, but the bowl with the spout works well. Of course, you may have a few drips here and there, but not enough for me to invest in a gadget.
How to mix the magic potion for Creepy Coconut Jello Shots
Place 16 Jello Shot cups on a baking sheet.
Pour the Vodka into the spouted mixing bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on the top. Gelatin can be tricky to work with the first time you use it in a recipe. The secret is to ‘slowly’ sprinkle the gelatin on top of the liquid. If you see it clumping up, you are spreading it too quickly.
Let the gelatin mixture sit for 5 minutes. If you do have some dry patches, don’t worry. These Jello Shots will taste so good nobody will care that some gelatin didn’t dissolve.
In the meantime, boil the water. Add your Black Gel Food Coloring to the boiling water and stir until combined. Then pour the water and food coloring mixture into the gelatin mixture and stir for 3 minutes. Add the sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut and stir until combined well. Slowly pour the mixture into your Jello Shot cups. Refrigerate for 2 hours before placing the lids on the cups.
Happy Haunting! I hope your Halloween Party is frightfully fun and fantastic!
Love the decorations?
The Jello Shots are sitting on an 8-Pack Halloween Creepy Cloth containing white and black clothes. The black lace tablecloth hanging in the background is a 6 Prop Halloween kit. The kit includes lace tablecloths and runners, stretch cobwebs (see Blu Martini drink), bat decor, and spiders. Both were reasonably priced.
Sharing is caring! Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest! Quick links are to the left and at the bottom of the post.
Other Halloween recipes you may like:
Creepy Coconut Jello Shots
- 1 1/4 Cup Coconut Flavored Vodka I used Veil Coconut Vodka
- 2 Envelopes gelatin There are 4 envelopes in 1 box of Knox Gelatine
- 1 Cup Boiling water
- 1/2 Cup Cream of Coconut I used Goya
- 1/4 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Tsp Black Gel Food Coloring
- Place 16 – 2 oz Jello-Shot cups on a cookie sheet
- Shake the can of cream of coconut before opening. Then pour the contents of the can into a bowl and whisk until it is combined well. Set aside
- Pour the Coconut Vodka into a large spouted mixing bowl
- Slowly sprinkle gelatin on top of the Vodka making sure to sprinkle it evenly across the top of the liquid
- Let the gelatin absorb the liquid for 5 minutes
- In the meantime boil the water
- Add the black gel food coloring to the boiling water and stir well
- Pour the boiling water and black gel food color mixture into the Gelatin mixture
- Stir until the Gelatin is dissolved, at least 3 minutes
- Now add the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk and stir well until it is combined
- Carefully pour the Jello-Shot mixture into the Jello-Shot cups
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before placing the cap on the Jello-Shot cups
- Serve Chilled. Can be made 2 days in advance