Black cats and witches brew, this Halloween party recipe is just for you! Planning a Halloween party and don’t know what to serve? Stress no more; these Creepy Coconut Jello Shots look freaky, can be made in advance, and will most definitely mesmerize your guests!
Scare your Goblins with these Creepy Coconut Jello Shots
I wanted the Jello Shots to taste authentically like coconut, so I used cream of coconut. The cream of coconut leaves a thin crust on the top of the Jello Shot. I also added black gel food color to the Jello Shots, perfect for Halloween. VERY CREEPY.
Do you want to know the secrets to mixing the best cocktails EVER? Get my free printable guide, ‘Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!’ just for joining my mailing list.
Witches brew ingredients you’ll need to make these awesome Creepy Coconut Jello Shots
- Coconut Vodka
- Cream of Coconut
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Black Gel Food Color
First, you’ll need Coconut vodka. For flavored vodkas, I like both Veil and Pinnacle; they are both reasonably priced. If you can’t find Veil or Pinnacle, Ciroc makes a fantastic Coconut Vodka, but is a bit more expensive.
These incredible colored Jello Shots don’t use Jello but gelatin. The sweetened condensed milk gives them that solid black color and a slightly thicker consistency.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Bar & Kitchen Tools
To make your Jello Shots, you’ll need Jello Shot cups. Click here to learn the differences between the 3 different styles of Jello Shot cups. I use the squeezable Jello Shot cups, the flat round Jello Shot cups above, and the square Jello Shot cups.
The second most important item is a large mouth mixing bowl with a spout. The largemouth mixing bowl with a spout makes it easy to pour the liquid into the Jello Shot cups. I have seen ‘tools’ on Amazon that assist you with filling your Jello Shot cups, but the bowl with the spout works well. Of course, you may have a few drips here and there, but not enough for me to invest in a gadget.
Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow! This free printable guide is my gift to you; all you have to do is subscribe to my mailing list.
I promise to keep your email safe.
How to mix the magic potion for Creepy Coconut Jello Shots
Place 18 Jello Shot cups on a baking sheet.
Pour the Vodka into the spouted mixing bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on the top. Gelatin can be tricky to work with the first time you use it in a recipe. The secret is to ‘slowly’ sprinkle the gelatin on top of the liquid. If you see it clumping up, you are spreading it too quickly.
Let the gelatin mixture sit for 5 minutes. If you do have some dry patches, don’t worry. These Jello Shots will taste so good nobody will care that some gelatin didn’t dissolve.
In the meantime, boil the water. Add your Black Gel Food Coloring to the boiling water and stir until combined. Then pour the water and food coloring mixture into the gelatin mixture and stir for 3 minutes. Add the sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut and stir until combined well. Slowly pour the mixture into your Jello Shot cups. Refrigerate for 2 hours before placing the lids on the cups.
These Jello Shots can be made 2 days in advance and refrigerated until ready to serve. Happy Haunting! I hope your Halloween Party is frightfully fun and fantastic!
Love the decorations?
The Jello Shots are sitting on an 8-Pack Halloween Creepy Cloth containing white and black clothes. The black lace tablecloth hanging in the background is a 6 Prop Halloween kit. The kit includes lace tablecloths and runners, stretch cobwebs (see Blu Martini drink), bat decor, and spiders. Both were reasonably priced.
Remember to subscribe to my mailing list below and get Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!
Other Halloween recipes you may like:
Creepy Coconut Jello Shots
- 1 1/4 Cup Coconut Flavored Vodka
- 2 Envelopes gelatin There are 4 envelopes in 1 box of Knox Gelatine
- 1 1/4 Cup Boiling water
- 1/2 Cup Cream of Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Tsp Black Gel Food Coloring
- Place 18 – 2 oz Jello-Shot cups on a cookie sheet.
- Pour the Cream of Coconut contents into a small bowl and whisk until it is combined well. Set aside.
- Pour the Coconut Vodka into a large spouted mixing bowl.
- Slowly sprinkle gelatin on top of the Vodka making sure to sprinkle it evenly across the top of the liquid.
- Let the gelatin absorb the liquid for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime boil the water.
- Add the black gel food coloring to the boiling water and stir well.
- Pour the boiling water and black gel food color mixture into the Gelatin mixture.
- Stir until the Gelatin is dissolved, at least 3 minutes.
- Now add the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk and stir well until it is combined.
- Carefully pour the Jello-Shot mixture into the Jello-Shot cups.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before placing the cap on the Jello-Shot cups.
- Serve Chilled. Can be made 2 days in advance and kept refrigerated.