I needed a break from the new ‘normal’ during the pandemic and decided to head south to the British Virgin Islands. My goal was to experience and bring home some of the best exotic cocktail recipes that the BVIs had to offer. This yummy looking tropical cocktail is called a Bushwacker, and it is a sensational drink.
One day I hired a guide to take me to some of the nearby islands because I wanted to sample some of the best tasting tropical cocktails in the BVIs. My Captain Jaime suggested that I try Oceans 7 on Peter Island…..he was right!
Mark, the bartender at Peter Islands Oceans 7 makes this tropical cocktail Bushwacker by adding cream of coconut, Kahlua, Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Baileys and Amaretto to a blender with ice. While blending the ingredients he drizzles a glass with chocolate syrup. He then decides that maybe a bit more Captain Morgan would be helpful, so why not add more?!
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Ingredients you’ll need to make a Bushwacker
This tropical cocktail Bushwacker reminds me of a coffee flavored shake but with a kick, drizzled in chocolate syrup with whipped cream and cherry on top! Make sure when you go to Oceans 7 on Peter Island that you tell Mark hello.
If you enjoyed this post then share it with a friend. Quick links are to the left and at the bottom of the post. Sharing is caring! Thanks!
Peter Island’s Ocean 7 Bushwacker
- 2 Ounces Cream of Coconut Goya in the international section of your grocery store is really good
- 2 Ounces Amaretto I prefer Disaronno
- 2 Ounces Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 Ounces Kahlua Coffee Liqueor
- 2 Ounces Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1.5 Cups Ice
- Chocolate syrup, Whipped Cream & Cherry for garnish
- Add Coconut Cream, Amaretto, Baileys, Kahlua, Captain Morgan and ice to a blender
- Blend for 30 seconds and then add another 1 ounce of Captain Morgan
- Blend for 30 more seconds
- Drizzle a large glass with chocolate syrup
- Pour the blender ingredients into the large glass
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup and a cherry
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.