This quick and easy Melon wrapped with Prosciutto appetizer is a crowd-pleaser and practically comes prepared from the grocery store. This appetizer will be the hit of your next holiday party or get-together with friends.
Pre-sliced cantaloupe and parmesan shavings in a bag; what else do I need to do? Well, I removed the rind from the cantaloupe and sliced the thick pieces to 1/2 inch. You know how I like easy appetizers :0)
Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow! This free guide is my gift to you for subscribing to my mailing list.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Ingredients you’ll need to make Melon Wrapped with Prosciutto
The recipe calls for cantaloupe, prosciutto, lemon juice, and shaved parmesan. I bought the cantaloupe already sliced and found the shaved parmesan at the cheese counter near the blocks of parmesan.
If you need a great cocktail shaker, check out this best ever shaker!
How to make Melon Wrapped with Prosciutto
Wrap one piece of Prosciutto around one wedge of cantaloupe and place it on the serving dish. Repeat until done. Sprinkle the melon with lemon juice and season with ground pepper. Sprinkle the shaved parmesan pieces on top of the melon. Now you have this impressive-looking Melon wrapped with Prosciutto appetizer!
Remember to subscribe to my mailing list below and get Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!
Melon wrapped with Prosciutto
- 16 1/2 Inch Wedges of peeled cantaloupe I buy the cantaloupe already sliced in the vegetable section of the grocery store. All I need to do is remove the rind and slice the wedges 1/2 inch thick.
- 16 Slices Prosciutto About 1/2 pound
- 1 Lemon
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 Pound Shaved Parmesan
- Slice the wedges of cantaloupe 1/2 inch thick.
- Wrap each wedge of cantaloupe with 1 slice of prosciutto.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon on the cantaloupe wrapped with prosciutto.
- Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the shaved parmesan on the cantaloupe wrapped with prosciutto.
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.