Sweet, delicate and creamy taste of coconut rum makes this traditional Cuban cocktail oh so special. This Coconut Rum Mojito is one of the best-tasting summertime cocktails invented.
Best of all, you decorate the rim of the glass with marshmallow cream and sweetened coconut. The garnish puts this drink right over the top and makes this cocktail unforgettable.
Do you want to know the secrets for mixing the best cocktails EVER? Get my free printable guide, ‘Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!’ just for joining my mailing list.
Ingredients you’ll need to make a Coconut Rum Mojito
- White Rum
- Coconut Rum
- Simple Syrup
- Coconut Water
- Lime Juice
- Lime Wedges
- Club Soda
- Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- Marshmallow Cream
- Kosher Salt
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Here are awesome products to help YOU make the most incredible drinks. Impress your family and friends and be the BEST Cocktail Barista in your neighborhood.
Martini or cocktail, a good shake makes all the difference in the world. I have at least a dozen shakers, but this one is my favorite. It doesn’t leak, and the cap is a measuring cup that will measure from 1/2 ounce to 1.5 ounces. And it is dishwasher safe! You can’t go wrong with this shaker.
If you like Mojitos, another handy bar tool is the muddler.
Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow! This free printable guide is waiting for you; all you have to do is subscribe to my mailing list.
How to make a Coconut Rum Mojito
First rim the glasses. Spread the marshmallow creme on a small plate.
Place the sweetened coconut flakes on another small plate.
Roll the rim of each glass in the marshmallow creme.
Place the glasses, one at a time, rim down into the coconut flakes. Set the glasses aside.
‘Muddle’ or mash the limes, mint leaves and simple syrup together in the cocktail shaker to release their flavor. Don’t have a muddler? Try this one. It’s important that the muddler you buy is longer than the height of your cocktail shaker, minus the top.
Then add the coconut water, Coconut and White Rums, fresh lime juice and shake well to combine. Pour the ingredients into 2 tall glasses filled with ice. Serves 2.
Remember to subscribe to my mailing list below and get Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!
Coconut Rum Mojito
- 6 Mint leaves
- 1 Lime Cut into 6 wedges lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon Simple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 8 Ounces Coconut water
- 2 Ounces White Rum
- 4 Ounces Coconut Rum
- Club Soda
- Mint sprigs for garnish
To Rim the Glass
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Tablespoon Lime zest
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme or Fluff
To Rim the Glass with Coconut
- On a small plate, combine unsweetened shredded coconut, lime zest, and kosher salt
- On a small plate add 2 tablespoons of Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Cream or Fluff and spread it across the plate
- Roll the rim of 2 glasses into the Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Cream or Fluff, then dip the rims into the coconut mixture to coat
Coconut Rum Mojito
- Muddle the mint leaves, 3 lime wedges and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker, just long enough to release the minty flavor
- Add the coconut water, rums and lime juice to the shaker
- Shake to combine
- Fill the glasses with ice, then pour in unstrained liquid, dividing evenly
- Top with club soda and stir
- Garnish with lime wedges and more mint leaves
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.