Easy Meal Classic Corned Beef – Happy St Patrick’s Day
This easy meal of classic corned beef is the perfect meal to serve at your St Patrick’s Day party. It is easy to prepare, and just simmers for 4 – 5 hours. This gives you the time to decorate and get ready for the party! Any leftover corned beef can be used for sandwiches. Happy St Patrick’s Day!
Put the corned beef in a pot, add the Guinness and add water until the corned beef is covered with 1 inch of water. Add the bay leaves and brown sugar and simmer for 4 – 5 hours.
While the corned beef is simmering, prepare the vegetables for this easy meal of classic corned beef.
When the corned beef reaches 160 degrees (approximately 4 – 5 hours), add the vegetables.
Simmer another 45 minutes. This easy meal of classic corned beef Serves 4 – 6.
The shamrock placemats can be found here, but they are going fast!
If you enjoyed this post then share it with a friend. Quick links are to the left and at the bottom of the post. Sharing is caring! Thanks!
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Classic Corned Beef
- 4 – 5 Pound Corned Beef Comes in a sealed bag from the meat department
- 14.9 Ounces Guinness 1 Can
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 15 Small Potatoes, washed well I use a bag of baby potatoes
- 1 Pound Baby Carrots Bag
- 1 Head Cabbage, outside leaves removed, rinsed and cut into wedges
- Spicy mustard or horseradish Optional
- In a 6-quart pot place the corned beef fat side up
- Add the beer and the corned beef seasoning packet (if it came with it) and add water until it covers the meat by 1 inch
- Sprinkle on the brown sugar and add the bay leaves
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 4 to 5 hours or until the meat is tender and has an internal temperature of 160 F
- Add the vegetables to the pot and cook for another 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender
- Serve hot with spicy mustard or horseradish
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.