Most likely, I’ve been mixing cocktails since before you were born. I’ve had dozens of cocktail shakers, some good, some ok, some really bad. But these two cocktail shakers are the best!
Do you need another cocktail shaker?
That is the question I ask myself whenever I see a cocktail shaker on an internet shopping site like Macy’s. I have lost count of the number of shakers I have had.
Let’s start with the oldest. The top and cap were silver, and the base was glass. My single martini “go-to” shaker was a free gift with a bottle of Chambord, and I’ve been using it for at least 20 years.
The instructions said ‘hand wash’ only. However, I don’t like to wash dishes by hand, so I threw the shaker in the dishwasher on the top shelf. After many washes, the silver started to peel off the cap and top, and underneath the silver paint was bare plastic. I decided to peel off the silver layer, and I’ve used it ever since. Now the shaker is dishwasher safe. :o)
Do you want to know the secrets to mixing the best cocktails EVER? Get my free printable guide, ‘Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!’ just for joining my mailing list.
I also have multiple stainless-steel shakers that seal the lid over the body. If you are not careful and really secure the top, you won’t be able to remove the lid once you pour your drink. But if you don’t secure it well enough, the tops have been known to fly off while pouring.
Of course, since I have the blog, I also have all the pretty cut glass crystal shakers. You don’t want to use them, though. They leak around the rim as you shake the cocktail and pour it into a glass. But they sure do look lovely in a photograph.
Let’s not forget the copper, the marble, and the mirrored cocktail shakers. They all leak as well.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
So why did I tell you this?
I told you this because I am an expert in cocktail shakers. I’ve tried them all, but I found TWO that are GREAT! And the reason I want to highlight two cocktail shakers is because one is for the cost-conscious home bartender, and the other is more expensive but worth it if you can spend the extra money. I love and use them both.
If you need a cocktail shaker, you can’t go wrong with either of these.
Best Ever Economical Cocktail Shaker
- Great price.
- It will hold 3 martinis and ice (24 oz).
- Easy on top and cap. The top slides into the base and has a rubber seal. There is rubber on the neck of the top to hold the cap in place.
- Does not leak.
- Measuring Cap.
- Stainless Steel.
- Dishwasher safe (top rack).
- Easily disassembles.
- Single wall shaker (cold to the touch).
Deluxe Cocktail Shaker
- It will hold 3 martinis and ice (20 oz).
- Screw on cap and top.
- Shake with one hand (the lid will not pop off).
- Does not leak. There is a rubber gasket on the cap and top.
- Measuring Cap.
- Double-walled (not cold to the touch).
- Stainless Steel.
- Dishwasher Safe (top rack), but I hand wash mine due to the price.
- The top diameter is 10.5 inches. If you have arthritis in your hands, this may not be for you.
- Don’t over tighten; it’s not necessary.
- Follow the directions when using the measuring cap the first time. The ounce marks are not as you expect.