If you like Eggplant, then you’ll LOVE this recipe. The best appetizer ever, healthy Roasted Eggplant, is served with pita chips, naan bread, or pita bread. Mix it up for your besties when they drop in for their favorite cocktail.
Growing up, my Aunt always made Eggplant Parmesan every time I visited. Needless to say, whenever I prepare an eggplant recipe, I always think of her.
Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow! This free guide is my gift to you for subscribing to my mailing list.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Ingredients you’ll need to make Roasted Eggplant
This easy healthy appetizer has only five ingredients. You’ll need a medium eggplant, approximately one pound, extra virgin olive oil, garlic paste, kosher salt, and basil. I shake all the ingredients in a large Ziploc bag, but you can also use a large bowl.
BEST Kitchen Utensils
Don’t have the most incredible kitchen utensils ever? Then try these from OXO; you won’t be disappointed.
Are you constantly losing your measuring spoons? These spoons are magnetized on the ends to stay together and have a soft grip handle.
These nested measuring cups with rubber bottoms are perfect for preparing your ingredients before you start your recipe. I love the beaker set; they are also adorable.
Non-slip mixing bowls with rubber grip handles are the best idea ever. Keep control of your bowl while hand mixing.
How to make Roasted Eggplant
Chop the Eggplant into 1-inch cubes. I don’t mind the skin, but if you prefer, you can peel the Eggplant first. Keep in mind that the skin gives this appetizer a bit of texture.
Whisk the olive oil, garlic paste, salt, and basil in a bowl. Pour the mixture into a food storage bag, add the Eggplant, and shake well. Roast the Eggplant on a baking sheet for 30 to 40 minutes.
This healthy roasted Eggplant will serve four as an appetizer with pita chips, naan bread, or pita bread.
Remember to subscribe to my mailing list below and get Mix, Mingle & Marvel: 5 Essential Secrets to Crafting Cocktails That Wow!
- 1 Medium Eggplant
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Paste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp Basil if desired
- Pita chips, pita bread or Naan bread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut the eggplant into 1-inch chunks
- In a small bowl whisk 1/4 cup olive oil, 3/4 tsp kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and crushed garlic. You can add fresh or dried basil to taste.
- In a large food storage bag add the eggplant chunks, pour in the oil mixture quickly sealing the bag and shaking the bag well to toss the oil mixture and eggplant
- Pour the eggplant mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes until the eggplant is browned and tender. Gently stir the eggplant about 20 minutes in.
- Serve with pita chips, naan bread or pita bread.
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.