Healthy Roasted Eggplant
This healthy roasted eggplant recipe is a great little appetizer to serve with pita chips, naan bread or pita bread. You start by chopping the eggplant. I don’t mind the skin but if you prefer, you can peel the eggplant but keep in mind that the skin gives this appetizer a bit of texture.
Then whisk all of the ingredients in a bowl, pour the mixture into a food storage bag, add the eggplant and shack well. Roast the eggplant on a backing sheet for 30 to 40 minuets.
This healthy roasted eggplant will serve 4 as an appetizer with pita chips, naan bread or pita bread.
If you enjoyed this post then share it with a friend. Quick links are to the left and at the bottom of the post. Sharing is caring! Thanks!
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
- 1 Medium Eggplant
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Paste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Basil if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut the eggplant into 1-inch chunks
- In a small bowl whisk 1/4 cup olive oil, 3/4 tsp kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and crushed garlic. You can add fresh or dried basil to taste.
- In a large food storage bag add the eggplant chunks, pour in the oil mixture quickly sealing the bag and shaking the bag well to toss the oil mixture and eggplant
- Pour the eggplant mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes until the eggplant is browned and tender. Gently stir the eggplant about 20 minutes in.
- Serve with pita chips, naan bread or pita bread.
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.