Easy Olive Tapenade
This easy olive tapenade appetizer tastes great on pita chips, pita bread or French rounds. It is perfect for your next get together!
The first time I made the Olive Tapenade I used my electric Cuisinart Food Processor. Well I was either not paying attention or didn’t have control of the food processor and the olives looked like mush. OE, operator error. It was not very appealing. So I tried the recipe again and this time I used my Cuisinart Prep Express Manual Food Processor. Ok, so it’s manual, and you have to pull the cord a few times, but the olives were chopped just the way I like them. The recipe also calls for lemon juice. You can use either lemon from a bottle or freshly squeezed lemon juice. If you don’t have a lemon squeezer try this one, it’s a descent inexpensive lemon squeezer.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
If you enjoyed this post then share it with a friend. Quick links are to the left and at the bottom of the post. Sharing is caring! Thanks!
Easy Olive Tapenade
- 2 Cups Kalamata olives
- 1 Tablespoon Capers
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic paste You can buy this in the vegetable section of your local grocery store
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper flakes Optional
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pita chips, pita bread or french rounds for serving
- Finely chop the olives, capers and garlic together using a manual food processor, or electric food processor pulsing intermittently until the ingredients are combined but not mush.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and add the lemon juice, pepper and red pepper flakes (optional). Mix well with a spoon or spatula. Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the mixture in a continuous drip, stirring to incorporate.
- To serve, place the olive tapenade in a small serving bowl alongside the pita chips, pita bread or french bread rounds
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.