Ultimate Brie with Sundried Tomatoes Recipe – Savor this delicacy bite by bite
Looking for an appetizer that you can make for any occasion? Something easy, tastes great, and looks impressive. This is my ‘go-to’ appetizer. Brie with Sundried Tomatoes has a buttery flavor, creamy texture, and intense sweet-tart tomato flavor. Your guests will love it.
The brie also looks pretty on a Christmas plate, and the red and green of the sundried tomatoes and parsley accentuate the holiday theme.
But don’t just serve Brie with Sundried Tomatoes during the holidays. I make it for every party I host. And why is that? I prepare this appetizer because it can be made in advance, it’s easy to make, and everyone loves it. What can be more perfect?
Brie with Sun Dried Tomato Ingredients
Of course, you need Brie. Brie becomes softer and creamier as it ripens, closer to the expiration date. To cut off the rind, the firmer Brie will be much easier to handle. So, the expiration date should be at least a month away.
Don’t forget the parsley, Parmesan, sundried tomatoes, garlic, and basil.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost). As an Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
How to make Brie with Sundried Tomatoes
Using a bread knife, cut the rind off of a wheel of Brie, the top, bottom and edge.
Next, combine all ingredients into a small bowl (except the Brie). I used the OXO 1.5 quart mixing bowl with the rubber bottom and grip.
Spread the sundried tomato mixture on your wheel of Brie. You can make this 24 hours in advance and keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready. Remove the Brie from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. This Brie with Sundried Tomatoes tastes great, looks impressive, and you can serve it at any party. I do!
Brie with Sundried Tomatoes
This easy appetizer Brie with Sundried Tomatoes recipe is also perfect for serving during the holidays. With the red sun-dried tomatoes and green parsley, it looks so lovely on a holiday plate. I’m using Royal Worcester Holly Ribbons, but this appetizer would also look great on Noritake Holly & Berry.
Sharing is caring! Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest! Quick links are to the left and at the bottom of the post.
Brie with Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 Pound Brie chilled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley leaves minced
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil Drained, reserving 1 tbls of the oil, and minced
- 6 Teaspoons garlic paste There is no need to mince fresh garlic. This is the ‘easy’ recipe
- 1 Teaspoon dried basil crumbled
- Crackers or Parmesan Toasts as an accompaniment. I buy my Parmesan Toasts at the grocery in the baked bread section
- Remove the rind from the Brie with a sharp knife and put the Brie on a serving plate
- In a small bowl combine the parsley, the Parmesan, the sun-dried tomatoes, the garlic, and the basil, and add the reserved oil, and combine the mixture well
- Spread the mixture over the Brie and let the Brie stand for 1 hour before serving
- Serve the Brie with the crackers or Parmesan Toasts
If you’ve tried this, please leave a comment and rating below.